Lake of the Woods Museum | 2019 | 5,100 sq ft
The Douglas Family Art Centre was built to house a donated collection of Walter J. Phillips’ woodcut prints and watercolours. The design of the building was based on architectural forms found in Phillips’ art and, although the design is contemporary, it also reflects elements of the adjacent 1911 heritage building. The art centre includes upper and lower galleries, a gift shop, lounges and a collection management area, while the connecting heritage building has been converted to include studio and gallery space and an administrative office.
Photos by Paige Tuusa, Patty Nelson – Nelson Architecture